Product and process support technician
Every time you open the door to enter your home, every time you look outside, through a patio door or a window, chances are it is through a Novatech product. Our expertise makes the lives of thousands of families more beautiful every day.
North American leader, specialized for more than 40 years in the manufacturing of architectural products, with more than 1500 employees, is looking for a resource to fill the position of Product support and process Technician for our Innovation Center. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on product development and innovation management for our mass production plants in the Ste-Julie area.
Under the supervision of the R&D Director, as part of a team of 8 professionals, you will participate in the development of new products as well as the upgrading of existing products and the improvement of manufacturing processes for entry doors, door windows and patio doors, destined for the professional pre-assembler networks for the residential and commercial markets.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Manage research and development projects.
- Participate in the design of a product, from ideation to production, in collaboration with the production team and the various suppliers.
- Maintain the process of monitoring and communicating the progress of projects.
- Carry out the control and validation of prototypes as required.
- Work in collaboration with the production team to optimize processes for the production of new products.
- Modify and improve current products and support implementation at the process level.
- Product and process support at the operations level.
What we are looking for:
- Have a technical background in mechanical engineering (DEC).
- Knowledge of Autocad and Solidworks drawing software.
- Notions in continuous improvement.
- Experience in the field of doors and windows (asset).
- Experience in the field of doors and windows (an asset); Experience or marked ability in new product development (an asset).
- A manual profile that can be described as "hands on" and skilled in problem solving.
- Must have transportation, occasional local travel.
- Good communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.
What we offer
- Winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies 2022 Platinum category.
- The opportunity to work on challenging, large-scale projects with a North American scope.
- A competitive salary and a competitive benefits program (telemedicine).
- A pension plan with employer contribution.
- A flexible work schedule in hybrid mode.
- Opportunities for advancement, training and skills development.
If you are unsure and have any questions, please contact Stéphane Joly, Director of R&D, at the following e-mail address: [email protected]ech.com.