Production supervisor - Day shift
Every time you open the door to your home, every time you gaze through a patio door or a glass wall, there’s a good chance you’re looking through a Novatech product. Our know-how embellishes the daily lives of thousands of families, and behind our know-how stand our people.
Would you like the opportunity to grow with a dynamic, innovative business with a human face, where people enjoy making a product they care about. Come and discover Novatech. There is a whole world behind our doors!
Reporting to the Operations manager, your main role will be to supervise a team in the daytime production at our steel door plant in Ste-Julie.
- Supervise a team of unionized workers and analyze production performance;
- Train, evaluate and develop your staff;
- See to the application of the collective agreement as well as the application of the various human resources policies;
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with occupational health and safety rules;
- Participate in various committees and projects related to production and continuous improvement (OHS Committee, labour relations, Kaizen);
- Develop, evaluate, propose and test new procedures, methods and tools in order to promote the continuous improvement of the department's operations;
- Encourage the participation of his staff in continuous improvement projects;
- Facilitate meetings with his/her team to share daily objectives and priorities.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of relevant supervisory experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Technical knowledge in metal transformation (asset);
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement approaches and tools (asset);
- Skilled in written and spoken communication (English and Spanish an asset);
- Ability to gather information;
- Good analytical skills;
- Autonomous, organized and methodical person;
- Proficiency in MS Office environment.
- Passion and pride in the product.
- A human management.
- Collaboration and mutual aid.
- A good work climate.
- Opportunities to get involved and grow within the company.
Do you want to be part of our world?