Lead Mechanical Engineer
Every time you open your front door and look outside, every time you look through a patio door or a window, chances are you’re interacting with a Novatech product. Our expertise makes the lives of thousands of families that much more beautiful every day.
Are you looking to work for a growing and innovative company? Do you want to develop and thrive in a workplace that puts people first, where fun and a positive attitude meet a passion for the product? Come discover Novatech! There’s a whole world behind our expertise. Now we just need you!
The new Lead R&D Mechanical Engineer will report to the R&D Director at our patio door manufacturing plant in Beauceville. In this position, you will design and carry out forward-looking projects for our North American plants. Energy efficiency and domotics will be two of your areas of focus over the coming years. You will be part of a large multidisciplinary team committed to transforming the industry.
- Be in charge of designing an innovative project, from ideation to production, alongside the production team and our various suppliers
- Oversee a project team and allocate resources based on skills and technical constraints
- Conduct prototype testing and validation within the experimentation framework
- Follow up and share details on the projects’ progress
- Implement the stage gate process and product development best practices, which include following performance indicators and ensuring the projects’ feasibility and profitability
- Keep up to date with new technologies in the window and door industry and in related industries that may have an impact on it
What we’re looking for
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering and 10 years of experience in product development
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec an asset
- Good command of AutoCad and SolidWorks an asset
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of the construction sector an asset
- Willing to travel on occasion for some projects
- Professional fluency in French/English
What you’ll find at Novatech!
- Advancement opportunities
- Team management
You can send your resume confidentially at the Human Resources Department by email at [email protected], by fax at 418-774-2959 or in person at 100 181e Rue, Beauceville, Québec G5X 2T1.