Director, Labour Relations and Human Resources
Novatech is looking to open its doors to someone who will lead our Human Resources Department. Are you passionate about labour relations and human resources management? Do you want to work in a dynamic environment with a great atmosphere? Then we want you!
Founded in 1982, Novatech Group has more than 1,400 employees and is Canada’s leading manufacturer of components for the window and door industry. Our 17 manufacturing facilities and distribution centres in Québec, Ontario, Calgary, France and the United States service our customers in North America and abroad. Novatech Group ranks among the best-managed companies in Canada.
The company's revenues continue to grow thanks to increased sales in Canada, market development outside Canada, product development and acquisitions. You will contribute significantly to the company’s current and future growth plans.
Having achieved high performance levels in the last few years, Novatech Group is now implementing its growth and strategic development plan. Working in a dynamic setting full of stimulating challenge, you will have the chance to actively contribute to the improving HR processes.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, you’ll be a key player on the executive team and be involved in all labour relations and HR management activities.
- Serve as an integral member of Novatech Group’s management team, participate in important strategic and operational discussions and make decisions on issues related to labour relations and HR management
- Implement 11 collective agreements across all sites
- Prepare collective agreement renewals and conduct negotiations alongside human resources business partners
- Ensure healthy relationships are maintained by promoting a partnership approach between management and unions
- Evaluate, analyze, design and improve labour relations strategies
- Monitor labour law issues and their impact on the organization
- Provide support to managers in the interpretation and application of the Group’s collective agreements
- Support business partners in human resources for all matters related to labour relations and other strategic human resources areas
- Work with management teams to provide solutions that meet the needs of Novatech Group
- Develop and implement company policies
- Manage a team of four people
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or industrial relations
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in HR management, including 10 years of experience in labour relations management and collective agreement negotiations
- Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Fluency in French and English, both verbal and written
- Autonomy, energy, thoroughness, determination and integrity, results-oriented and ability to translate your strategic thinking into operational actions
- Ability to work with others to achieve business objectives, demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of federal and provincial regulations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven leadership, innovation, creativity and teamwork
- Entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen
What you’ll find at Novatech
- Well-respected employer offering a high-quality work experience
- A professional environment that fosters a rewarding career path and genuine potential to grow
- Québec-based decision-making centre - an established company that is growing in Canada and internationally
- Opportunity to grow with a dynamic, innovative and people-first company, where fun and a good attitude go hand in hand with a passion for our products
- An influential leadership position that allows you to progressively broaden your field of operation and take on new responsibilities
- Strong sense of belonging where respect, recognition, teamwork, collaboration and innovation are core values
- Working conditions and total compensation that support a balanced and fully satisfying work life experience
So, do you want to open the door to success? Apply now!