Engineer – New Product Development – R&D Centre
“Environment, Innovation, Professionalism, Respect, Teamwork, Health & Safety”
If these values inspire you, contact us!
Novatech Group is the Canadian leader in the manufacture of entrance doors, doorglass and patio doors. Constantly expanding, Novatech now has more than 12 plants in Canada, the United States and Europe, and more than 700 employees. The Group’s Innovation Centre, which opened in 2011, is in Sainte-Julie on Montréal’s South Shore. Here we have a team working in product development, innovation management, merchandising and marketing.
Under the supervision of the Vice-President R&D, you will be responsible for the development of new entrance door, doorglass and patio door products, destined for the networks of professional pre-hangers for both residential and commercial markets.
- Based on the mandates awarded, analyzing, establishing and implementing a strategy for reaching the objective for each project;
- Taking charge of the product design, from the initial idea through to production, in collaboration with the production team and with the various suppliers;
- Monitoring and validating the prototypes;
- Setting up a procedure to follow and communicate progress on projects;
- Working with the production team to improve product quality and performance on a continuing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: mechanical engineering, structural engineering, industrial design, or other (a Master’s degree will be considered an asset);
- Member of the OIQ (an asset).
- Knowledge of architectural products such as doors and windows (as asset);
- Experience in the industrial and/or construction fields (more then 5 years);
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team;
- Practical experience (5 years) in project management or in new product development.
- Excellent communication skills in French and in English, both oral and written;
- Committed and open to change;
- Available to travel on occasion;
- Autonomous and results oriented;
- Know how to organize, orchestrate and supervise;
- Able to influence your collaborators;
- Able to manage several mandates simultaneously.
Please forward your curriculum vitae in complete confidence to the Human Resources Department by the following form, by email to the following address: [email protected], by fax to 450-922-9633 or directly to 160, rue Murano, Sainte-Julie, Québec J3E 0C6